It’s Midsummer’s Day and my final lockdown post...For Now!
Blackbird take-away restaurant. In comes a customer to peruse the menu.
Hmm? That one looks tasty...bit tricky to pick in the wind though. The branches are swaying about.
And off he goes to scoff in private.
Much as we have enjoyed these past few months in our garden and countryside, I am so sorry so many have had to endure the nightmare and hope everyone can get some respite for a while.
We are tentatively looking at end September to cross the Channel. Brittany Ferries are running again and hotels are open so we will take a leap of well sanitised faith. I have ordered jazzy masks and filters from Vistaprint! Le Blog will take over.
For now, I leave you with a message from The Bard.
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
(Puck’s ‘s valediction, A Midsummer Night’s Dream)
If only!
